cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:24:12 GMT
Peter Hunsberger napisał(a):
> On 3/30/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
>> Peter Hunsberger napisał(a):
>> > I guess it depends on whether the original poster needs this for 2.2.
>> > or 2.1?
>> >

>> Yes, but AFAIR we already agreed that we will stop developing 2.1.x
>> really soon a concentrate on 2.2.
>
> I don't think we've actually voted on that though I've seen
> suggestions.  Personally, I think we'd have to be close to releasing
> 2.2 as a final release before stopping all development on 2.1?  Don't
> know if getting to RC1 counts....

The problem is that there will be no monolithic Cocoon 2.2. If we
consider Cocoon's core I guess it's quite stable and ready to be
released as final. In order to do some productive things with it we need
forms, ajax, templates and servlet services (maybe I forgot something).
Most of them is really near finishing.
Above set is what understand by Cocoon 2.2. Do others have different view?

As for RC1... Yes, it means that we will stop massive changes and polish
things (like DOCUMENTATION) after RC1 is released. I guess final/next
candidate release would follow RC1 really soon. However, Reinhard seems
to have better idea of current plan.

>> What's more important, I think this change would break compatibility of
>> core functionality and I'm not sure if it's desirable.
>
> I'm sure it could be made backwards compatible with yet another config
> option...

If it was done that way then I have no problem that someone invest time
doing it...

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski