cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:40:51 GMT
Ard Schrijvers napisaƂ(a):
> In this example, there is really no difference in output indeed, but if you have one
catch all matcher with one single serializer which is always used for every request (I always
use <map:match pattern="**" and then an aggregate below it that aggregates content with
map:parts that delegate to subsitemaps ). So, all request eventually use the same serializer.
I cannot know in this matcher, that there will be a form with contiuation, so I cannot set
the header in this pipeline (then stateless flat html pages would get a pragma no-cache header
for example).

> And, thx Bertrand for finding back the discussion [1], in combination with the problem
that setting http headers on internal pipelines do not make it to the main pipepipeline, therefor,
my suggestion to store it like the status-code in a variable. Ofcourse, when [1] is easier
to fix, that would probably be the better way to go.

I do not follow you you here. You want to store status code in
"variable". What kind of variable? Where it should be stored, how values
of internal request should be returned to main pipeline? How this
relates to ability to set status code in serializer?

I think I understand what you want achieve and understand your trouble
but do not understand proposed solution.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski