cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:12:25 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
>>> I missed the discussion before the vote, but have one more question:
>>>
>>> Is it also possible to add extra optional http headers in
>>> the serializer, like:
>>> <map:serialize type="xhtml" pragma="{cache}"
>>> cache-control="{cache}">
>>> I would like to store in a variable wether I am dealing
>>> with something that is not allowed to be cached by mod_cache,
>>> like a cforms with continuation. We had a discussion before
>>> on this list, but cannot find the thread ATM
>>> I do not know about the serializers, but is this possible
>>> and/or desirable?
>>
>> Please see HttpHeaderAction, can set any response header you want
>
> I know. But, it does not work when you set the response header in a subpipeline,
> so you *have* to do this in the pipeline which contains the serializer,
> but quite normally, I have one main catch all matcher with the xhtml serialzer.

I'm sorry, but I can't spot a difference between these two options:

   <map:serialize type="xhtml" pragma="{cache}" cache-control="{cache}"/>

and:

   <map:act type="header">
     <map:parameter name="pragma" value="{pragma}"/>
     <map:parameter name="cache-control" value="{cache}"/>
   </map:act>
   <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>

In both cases, sitemap parameter expansion will happen while sitemap is executed
and pipeline is built. In first case you'd presumable set response headers in
Serializer.setOutputStream() method, which is happening a bit later comparing
with Action.act() of the second case, but still it should be the same effect,
isn't it?

Vadim