cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:34:18 GMT
Ard Schrijvers napisaƂ(a):

> I am not in favor of this. When you only create a form with a continuation based on the
contents of some xml file, you do not know which pipelines do, and which do not contain a
form.  You do know in flow when you are creating a form/continuation. Setting a variable at
that point and be able to use it in the serializer as an extra http header is IMO the only
way

Don't you have two distinct pipelines for rendering pages with forms
included and without? I don't details of your use case but IMO it is
good practice to have two distinct pipelines and decide in flow which
one should be used.
Nevertheless, if you know in flow how headers should be set, why don't
set them there?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski