cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r522901 - in /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-pipeline/cocoon-pipeline-impl/src/main: java/org/apache/cocoon/caching/impl/CacheImpl.java resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-pipeline-impl-cache.xml
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 06:30:30 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> Is there a reason why logger can not be static?
>> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Logging/StaticLog
>
> So since Cocoon is not and should not be deployed in container's shared class
> loader, usage of 'static' is preferred.

Hmm, why do you think "is not and should not"? Why not (I'm talking
about 2.2+ here)?
In addition, with 2.2+ we provide separate artifacts for "common"
components which might be used outside of Cocoon and might then be used
via a shared class loader. So I think we should not use "static" here.
As most of our components are singletons anyway, there isn't any memory
problem here.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler