cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [graphics] Re: Publishing our new docs - what else needs to be done?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:17:53 GMT
Sorry for picking up this thread again after more than a week. My apologies.

hepabolu wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz said the following on 20/3/07 12:02:
>> Jeroen Reijn wrote:
>>> *Applause*
>>>
>>> Great work! :D
>>>
>>> So when are we going to put this live?
>>
>> there is some work left:
>>
>>  - create a Maven skin (-> writing a Velocity template)
>>  - initial content for
>>    http://cocoon.apache.org and
>>      -->
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g1/1285.html
>>    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/
>>      --> I will create a Daisy site ASAP
>
> Isn't this simply the current 'one site per block' setup? Or, the
> 'stuff' you put up at http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/?
>
> I'm getting confused about the purpose of all these different
> sites/collections.
>
> I'm not sure if you have shed some light on this somewhere, but here's
> my idea (at least that's what I assume it is):
> - 'legacydocs' is the 'old' documentation -> now exported as Cocoon 2.1
> docs
> - 'one site/collection per block' is the documentation for Cocoon 2.2

Right, each "module" (a block, a core module or a Maven plugin) gets its own
documentation that can stand for itself. This requires 4 things:

  - a Daisy site
  - a navigation document that is refered to from the site configuration
  - an index documentation that is refered to from the site configuration
  - a Maven plugin documentation

Additionally we have some documentation-only modules. See cocoon/trunk/site.
That's necessary for all the documentation that comes without code (e.g. the PMC
site, the 2.2 site, the interstitial sites to get an overview of all blocks,
core modules, Maven plugins and sub-projects)

Everything "old" is marked as deprecated at the Daisy sites overview pages
(http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/).

>> Probably there are some more things to do left - I will create a (more
>> detailed) todo list this evening or tommorrow and share it with this
>> list.
>>
>> Any help would be highly appreciated!!!!
>
> I'll review your list and add things when necessary.

See http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g4/1346.html. As I don't want to
create dozens of JIRA tasks, I created this list. As the handling of huge tables
is more comfortable in Daisy than in our Wiki, I created it in Daisy.

> There are a few things left to do that probably need Thien's expertise.
> This page is the home page and it typically has a different layout than
> the other pages. E.g. the majority of the pages will consist of a left
> menu column and a wide content column. I wonder if that is not going to
> be too wide to read comfortably, or we should now agree that most people
> use their browser at a size more or less equal to 1024 x 768 or less.
> We also need some more styling elements:
> - tables
> - warning
> - FIXME/TO DO

I added a task  to the list.