cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [release] Prepare RC1 from trunk (core + many blocks + achetypes + rcl-maven-plugin)
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:34:35 GMT
Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):

> I plan to release the next series of Cocoon artifacts (core + many
> blocks + achetypes + rcl-maven-plugin) after the Easter break, this
> time called "RC1 - release candidate ". Actually I wanted to do it
> this week but there are some issues open that need to be resolved before:
>
>  - I want to get a (minimal) Cocoon 2.2 website online. Otherwise most
> of the
>    work is only for insiders as people not following dev@ don't know
> where to
>    start or even worse, don't know that 2.2 exists.

I agree and consider it as most important issue now. Speaking for
myself, I'm going to write Forms and Ajax migration guide and some
documents on servlet service fw. Some help would be greatly appreciated,
though. If nothing changes, I'll do it during Easter break.

>  - the cforms block should make use of the features, that the servlet
> service
>    framework provides. Grek is working on it in our whiteboard. IIRC we
>    agreed on copying all blocks that are included into branch_21 using
>    svn_externals at the end of March (forms, ajax, template, etc.).
>
> If those two issues are not resolved within the next 10 days, I will
> release cforms as M3 instead of RC1.
>
> Comments?

Yes I work on it but don't think I'll finish it within 10 days. I'm
going to have important exam on Monday and give presentation (about
Cocoon) for Warsaw Java User Group on Tuesday so serious work start in
mid of next week. I wonder if we want postable sources implemented
before RC is released?
This should not break any existing contracts as it will be an addition
but will seriously impact how applications should be developed.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski