cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject [release] Prepare RC1 from trunk (core + many blocks + achetypes + rcl-maven-plugin)
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:57:42 GMT

I plan to release the next series of Cocoon artifacts (core + many blocks + 
achetypes + rcl-maven-plugin) after the Easter break, this time called "RC1 - 
release candidate ". Actually I wanted to do it this week but there are some 
issues open that need to be resolved before:

  - I want to get a (minimal) Cocoon 2.2 website online. Otherwise most of the
    work is only for insiders as people not following dev@ don't know where to
    start or even worse, don't know that 2.2 exists.

  - Our root POM has dependencies on the Daisy Maven plugin which is currently
    only available as a SNAPSHOT version. For the previous releases I commented
    the relevent sections but this is tedious, actually unproductive work
    that I want to get rid of.

  - Torsten will provide a first release candidate of commons-jci very soon. This
    means that we can release the cocoon-rcl-* modules too.


Are there any other issues that have to be resolved before we ship modules as 
release candidates (remember, RC means that the contracts will become stable)?


                                    - o -

Some things that would be nice to have but I don't want to let them delay the 
release of other modules:

  - the cforms block still depends on a xreporter library which isn't
    available at the central Maven repo. I'm -1 on shipping anything as RC or
    final, that has a depenency on some artifact that is not available at
    the central Maven repo.

  - the cforms block should make use of the features, that the servlet service
    framework provides. Grek is working on it in our whiteboard. IIRC we
    agreed on copying all blocks that are included into branch_21 using
    svn_externals at the end of March (forms, ajax, template, etc.).

If those two issues are not resolved within the next 10 days, I will release 
cforms as M3 instead of RC1.

Comments?

-- 
Reinhard Pötz           Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach 

{Software Engineering, Open Source, Web Applications, Apache Cocoon}

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mime
View raw message