cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving reduced version of CachingSource to core | Configuration issues
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:08:04 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> Actually it already should be working this way? See CachingSource
>>> line 427.
>>
>> I guess with some additional configuration it should be possible to
>> get this stuff working but ...
>> TBH, I only want to have a url like
>> caching:http://www.example.org/rss.xml?cocoon:cache-expires=600
>> without any further configuration. The content should be available
>> whatever happens to the RSS feed and should even survive restarts of
>> Cocoon by default. After 10 minutes it should be tried to update it
>> but shouldn't throw away the previous content in the case that the
>> refresh runs into an exception.
>
> I think I know what you mean. It clears cache if not-async, at line 196.
> But it should be relatively easy to modify it to use previously cached
> response if new response isn't available.
>
> As for restarts, it should survive them if Cache is persisted, right?

Finally it works now for me if used together with a persistent store
(FilesystemStore). Using a EHCache wasn't successful to really survive restarts
in every case but maybe it was only me who wasn't able to configure it correctly.

I have to admit that it is not thoroughly tested but I plan to change this very
soon when I integrate it into my current 2.2 based apps.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc