cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving reduced version of CachingSource to core | Configuration issues
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:06:58 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> regarding the cache-expires and async thing in the cachingsource block, there are some
things that are strange and seem bugs to me:

> 1) The expires value is always -1 (eternal), no matter what you define in the queryString.
You can see this happen in getSource of the CachingSourceFactory. I think the

> if (name.startsWith("cocoon:cache")) {
>                     params.setParameter(name.substring("cocoon:".length()), sp.getParameter(name));
>                     remainingParameters.removeParameter(name);
>    }
>
> should also get an else:
>
> else{
>     params.setParameter(name,sp.getParameter(name));
> }

This if statement checks if a parameter starts with "cocoon:cache" and if yes,
it add it to the params object and removes it from the "normal" request
parameters. It looks fine for me and the expires value is set correctly at the
source AFAICS. BTW, I'm working on trunk.

> because all parameters are neglected in the current way.
>
> Then, when I do have my expires accounted for correctly, I do not understand why while
the cached object is not expired, there is still a call for the remote source. This doesn't
make sense to me. Also, when the expires is set correctly, and the object is expired, I am
getting a NullPointerException, but it might be because we use an old version...?

I can confirm this but don't know where those requests come from. I could be
caused by a validity check but that's only a wild guess.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc