cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving reduced version of CachingSource to core | Configuration issues
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:13:25 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Oops, should have read it in full...
>
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> I can think of setting the expires parameter to -1 and using a
>> background-refresher but this seems to be overly complex for this
>> simple task.
>
> Yes async will do the trick. And IMHO it should be Ok to alter sync
> implementation to keep previous response if new one can't be obtained.

sounds easier than Ard's proposal (no offense ;-) ), or do I overlook something?

>> I would also like to move the basic functionality of the CachingSource
>> into some core module and only have an extended versions (event-cache
>> support, async updating) of it in the reposistory block. I seems odd
>> to me that I have to add a dependency to the repository block, the
>> event-cache block, the jms block and the cron block
>
> I do not think it has any dependencies on cron, where do you see it?

either it comes through a transitive dependency or I did something wrong with my
setup. I will check where it comes from.

>> just for this. Any comments before I start a vote on this?
>
> Async is a basic functionality which must be in core, IMHO. But I
> completely agree that event-cache and jms should be optional. I was
> planning on doing this refactoring but did not manage to do it so far.

It would be great if you could help me with the design of the refactoring: If
you did it, into which parts would you split it up?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc