cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Moving reduced version of CachingSource to core | Configuration issues
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:01:16 GMT
Oops, should have read it in full...

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I can think of setting the expires parameter to -1 and using a
> background-refresher but this seems to be overly complex for this simple task.

Yes async will do the trick. And IMHO it should be Ok to alter sync
implementation to keep previous response if new one can't be obtained.

> I would also like to move the basic functionality of the CachingSource
> into some core module and only have an extended versions (event-cache
> support, async updating) of it in the reposistory block. I seems odd to
> me that I have to add a dependency to the repository block, the
> event-cache block, the jms block and the cron block

I do not think it has any dependencies on cron, where do you see it?

> just for this. Any comments before I start a vote on this?

Async is a basic functionality which must be in core, IMHO. But I completely
agree that event-cache and jms should be optional. I was planning on doing this
refactoring but did not manage to do it so far.

Vadim