cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Moving reduced version of CachingSource to core | Configuration issues
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:45:29 GMT

The repository block contains a the CachingSource. Does anybody have experiences
with it?

I wonder how I can configure it so that the cached source expires e.g. after 5
minutes but if it can't be updated (e.g. the wrapped source isn't available),
the expired version should be used. I would like to add this feature in a
transparent way and provide a configuration parameter to switch it off if you
_don't_ want this behaviour but I'm not sure if I duplicate something that
already exists.

I can think of setting the expires parameter to -1 and using a
background-refresher but this seems to be overly complex for this simple task.

I would also like to move the basic functionality of the CachingSource into some
core module and only have an extended versions (event-cache support, async
updating) of it in the reposistory block. I seems odd to me that I have to add a
dependency to the repository block, the event-cache block, the jms block and the
cron block just for this. Any comments before I start a vote on this?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc