cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with review
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:25:13 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've put the proposal I'm willing to apply to Google here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2007/cocoon-expression
>
> I'd would be grateful for any review, comments and even edits fixing
> language mistakes. I'm sorry it took so long, I had some personal
> affairs to settle.
>
> Thanks for any help.

I take this as your 'deliverables', right?

1. revise EL handling implemented in Cocoon's template block and find out if
    improvements are needed
2. get rid of Avalon dependencies in EL and OM handling code
3. provide consistent, complete object model for expressions everywhere they are
    used
4. implement converter concept and provide basic converters' implementations
5. refactor at least portion of Cocoon samples so they use new ELs
    implementation
6. document new architecture, create migration guides and promote the use of new
    implementation across the community

Some comments:

In general: Could you please also add some timeline when you want to finish
what? See the project proposals of previos GSoC students to find out what I mean.

In particular:

1. When do you think will you be finished with it? Make it a milestone in
    your project timeline.
2. ok
3. see 1.
4. What basic converters do you want to implement?
5. Which samples do you want to improve?
6. ok (as long as you do it in Daisy ;-)

Thanks for your proposal. I really like that you will provide weekly reports
which will make it easy for others to follow your work.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc