cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reloading the mountableServlets map in DispatcherServlet
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2007 08:35:57 GMT
Reinhard Poetz napisaƂ(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
> Grek,
>
> I've had some time today and found the reason why the rcl doesn't work
> for you. You are using cocoon-servlet-service-impl-1.0.0-M1 and not
> the latest version from SVN that I had to fix in order to get Spring
> context objects reloaded.
>
> While Carsten and I were walking through the code, he also changed
> things in the cocoon-core modules but I'm sure if this was really
> necessary to get the rcl stuff working.
>
> The best way to test the RCL stuff is trying it out in
> cocoon-rcl-plugin-demo.
I'm ashamed. cocoon-rcl-plugin-demo works perfectly on Linux with Java6.
After correcting the dependencies, block created from archetype works
too. I could even add new methods and use them :)
I'm really sorry for wasting your time :-/

Now, I would like to ask you for opinion on what should we do in order
to avoid similar situations. Should docs of cocoon-rcl be changed
explaining what are the correct dependencies? Or should correct them in
archetypes? Or both? :)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski