cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ReloadingClassLoader
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:03:59 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>> For javaflow all you need is to use this store. For both - compiling
>>> or reloading. Of course it would be good to configure the packages
>>> that should be instrumented. I can add that to that store directly if
>>> you want.
>>>  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/javaflow/apidocs/org/apache/commons/javaflow/stores/JavaflowResourceStore.html

>> sorry, I'm a confused. What do you mean by "this" and "that" store.
>> The current implementation is
>>
>> org.apache.commons.jci.listeners.ReloadingListener rl =
>>     new CocoonReloadingListener();
>> rl.addReloadNotificationListener(classloader);
>> fam.addListener(directory, rl);
>>
>> and if I look into CocoonReloadingListener() which extends
>> org.apache.commons.jci.listeners.ReloadingListener I find that it
>> creates stores of type MemoryResourceStore.
>>
>> Am I right that, in order to support instrumentation for Javaflow, I
>> have to override the default behaviour and create stores of type
>> JavaflowResourceStore instead?
>
> Correct! ...or we always use a javaflow store and work that out via
> configuration.

I think that I understand the scope of the problem now.

For now I will concentrate on the release of cocoon-rcl-plugin without Javaflow
support. It can be added at any time later. I won't have much available time
over the next weeks (and no use case that would justify to change my priorities)
but if somebody else wants to integrate it into cocoon-rcl, I'm available for
dicussing it on this list.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc