cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ReloadingClassLoader
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:28:30 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> You are aware of the reloading classloader plugin for cocoon? :) It
>>> is using JCI to do the reloading
>>
>> see http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-rcl-plugin/g1/1297.html
>>
>>> ...and can auto-instrument the javaflow classes.
>>
>> @Thorsten: What needs to be done that Javaflow classes get reloaded
>> using the RCL plugin AND are being instrumented?
>
> "Torsten"!! ;)

sorry :-)
though I know what you mean (Rainhard, Reinhardt, ...)

>> And what configuration is necessary for production so that classes are
>> "only" instrumented?
>
> For javaflow all you need is to use this store. For both - compiling or
> reloading. Of course it would be good to configure the packages that
> should be instrumented. I can add that to that store directly if you want.
>
>  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/javaflow/apidocs/org/apache/commons/javaflow/stores/JavaflowResourceStore.html

sorry, I'm a confused. What do you mean by "this" and "that" store. The current
implementation is

org.apache.commons.jci.listeners.ReloadingListener rl =
     new CocoonReloadingListener();
rl.addReloadNotificationListener(classloader);
fam.addListener(directory, rl);

and if I look into CocoonReloadingListener() which extends
org.apache.commons.jci.listeners.ReloadingListener I find that it creates stores
of type MemoryResourceStore.

Am I right that, in order to support instrumentation for Javaflow, I have to
override the default behaviour and create stores of type JavaflowResourceStore
instead?

This brings me to my other question: The cocoon-rcl-plugin is only useful at
development time. What options to instrument Javaflow classes for production use
do we have?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc