cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Blocks framework -> Servlet service framework rename
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:21:03 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I understand we do not have "Blocks framework" anymore.
That is nearly true. The code is still there:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-blocks-fw/ as I
know that the Mindquarry guys and possibly other people depend (or have
depended on) that code. But as the code never have been released it will
not go through any ordered deprecation process. We should remove it
within a few months.
>  Functionality that blocks framework was aimed to cover
> is now servlet-service-fw, right?

Exactly.
> Do you think that this component should be renamed or created new one? I hope nobody
doubts that such a component in
> JIRA is needed.

It might be a good idea to rename it so that we keep the discussions and
issues that still are open.

/Daniel