cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject [graphics] Re: Publishing our new docs - what else needs to be done?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:08:00 GMT
Reinhard Poetz said the following on 20/3/07 12:02:
> Jeroen Reijn wrote:
>> *Applause*
>>
>> Great work! :D
>>
>> So when are we going to put this live?
>
> there is some work left:
>
>  - create a Maven skin (-> writing a Velocity template)
>  - initial content for
>    http://cocoon.apache.org and
>      --> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g1/1285.html
>    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/
>      --> I will create a Daisy site ASAP

Isn't this simply the current 'one site per block' setup? Or, the
'stuff' you put up at http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/?

I'm getting confused about the purpose of all these different
sites/collections.

I'm not sure if you have shed some light on this somewhere, but here's
my idea (at least that's what I assume it is):
- 'legacydocs' is the 'old' documentation -> now exported as Cocoon 2.1 docs
- 'one site/collection per block' is the documentation for Cocoon 2.2

> Probably there are some more things to do left - I will create a (more
> detailed) todo list this evening or tommorrow and share it with this list.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated!!!!

I'll review your list and add things when necessary.

There are a few things left to do that probably need Thien's expertise.
This page is the home page and it typically has a different layout than
the other pages. E.g. the majority of the pages will consist of a left
menu column and a wide content column. I wonder if that is not going to
be too wide to read comfortably, or we should now agree that most people
  use their browser at a size more or less equal to 1024 x 768 or less.

We also need some more styling elements:
- tables
- warning
- FIXME/TO DO

Bye, Helma