cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:41:22 GMT
Reinhard Poetz napisaƂ(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
> And finally some more project ideas:
>
>  a) cleanup input modules: IIRC there was some discussion about
>     reducing the number of input modules in favor of one that uses an
> expression
>     language that works on a well-defined object model.
>
>  b) cleanup expression language usage throughout Cocoon
>     Daniel, do you have any pointers?
>
>  c) provide an alternative continuations manager that can work with
>     distributed caches
>
>  d) refactor <map:call function=""/> and <map:flow>
>     * make it possible to support more than one flow language per sitemap
>     * find some better naming than "function" because it feels strange to
>       call e.g. an Apple or a JavaFlow
>
>  e) Cocon Javaflow 1.0 + integration with the reloading classloader
> stuff:
>     --> whatever needs to be done to get it stable ;-)
>

> I think that (a + b) or (c + d + e) could be interesting projects.
>

>                                   - o -
>

> Grek, my personal preference for your GSoC project goes towards the
> c+d+e project. This needs some involvement by Torsten and, highly
> recommended, him as mentor but I don't know whether he wants to take
> mentorship again.
> *My* second choice is the cForms refactorings. Of course you are free
> to suggest to us whatever you like :-)

After reading lots of archives I'm in favour of (a+b) option. I hope you
are not going to be disappointed too much with choice. :)
I think that unified expression should be done already at least I year
ago but I wasn't a committer, at that time. ;P

More seriously, I would like to ask who is going to be my mentor. I
would be grateful for quick responses as there is not so much time left.
Would you like me to sketch my plan and share early thoughts on the
topic in separate thread?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski