cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Modernizing CForms
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:44:53 GMT
Jorg Heymans napisaƂ(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
>> I recall some discussion about it in the past. Does it mean that even
>> we integrate Dojo into cocoon-forms very nicely user will be forced
>> to break all the modularity and use the compressor? Am I missing
>> something?
>>

> Aggregating and compressing [1] the required dojo modules is part of
> the build process IIUC. There is no impact on code modularity.

Actually, I was referring to the Cocoon's modularity. Compressor seems
to be not what we are talking about because it only compresses single
file by string operations. We are talking about merging many files into
one big one. This document discuss actual process:
http://redesign.dojotoolkit.org/node/19

Given that we calculate Dojo dependencies on runtime we cannot use this
tool. One solution would be special, magical pipeline component which
could take care of compiling building JS files on the fly and cache
them. I only wonder if anyone can imagine this solution simple and reliable?

Any other options?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski