cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: XHTML Serializer block/Ajax: Bug
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:36:10 GMT
On 16.03.2007 21:52, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Moreover, I wonder why we need special XHTMLSerializer? As XHTML is only
> XML with special namespace and tag set why we don't use just normal xml
> serializer and configure proper mime type? Do I miss something important?

If you have a look into the source code [1] you can see that it handles
(besides the stuff fixing the tag soup) doc type, mime type and has same
special XHTMLEncoder [2], which adds the HTML 4 entities. So far
absolutely ok.

It puts every element in no namespace into the XHTML namespace. Still
acceptable, but abdicable - it's for the lazy guys. Also the meta tag
for content type it adds should be abdicable. AFAIR it's also only for
IE as it stumbles on the XML declaration.

But at the end it should not do more than this.

Joerg

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/serializers/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/serializers/XHTMLSerializer.java?revision=433543&view=markup
[2]