cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reloading the mountableServlets map in DispatcherServlet
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:51:49 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Gosh, I have bad news :(
>> It does not work for me, when I change something in the class I see this
>> printed on console:
>> 2007-03-14 13:34:32.657:/:INFO:  Closing Spring root
>> WebApplicationContext
>> 2007-03-14 13:34:32.658:/:INFO:  Loading Spring root
>> WebApplicationContext
>> 2007-03-14 13:34:33.043:/:INFO:  Apache Cocoon Spring Configurator
>> v1.0.0 is running in mode 'dev'.
>>
>> But changes are not visible after refreshing the page. Am I missing
>> something?
>>
>> PS. I did svn up both for cocoon-rcl and commons-jci.
>
> Have you update cocoon-servlet-service-* too and run cocoon-rcl:webapp
> form your block's base directory?
> If yes or if it reloading still doesn't work for you, please activate
> logging in log4j.xml by uncommenting the two existing logging categories
> (jci, rcl) and setting them to DEBUG.
> Then (re)start Jetty and call http://localhost:8888, change
> MyGenerator.java, wait 3 seconds, do a page reload again and send the
> log file to me directly.

Another cause might be that I had to comment the rcl modules in
trunk/tools/pom.xml in order not to break the build for everybody. In the case
that you haven't changed this yourself for you own build, you won't get new
artifacts installed.

If I have some time this weekend, I will provide a snapshot release and put it
on a public Maven repo. Otherwise go to cocoon-rcl-wrapper and cocoon-rcl-plugin
base dirs and install both modules from there.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc