cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Code metrics
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:44:47 GMT
Joerg Heinicke skrev:
> On 15.03.2007 23:50, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Code metrics for Cocoon: http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4271
>
> Remarkable: "Over the last twelve months, Cocoon (Apache) has seen a
> substantial increase in activity. This is probably good sign that
> interest in this project is rising, and that the open source community
> has embraced this project."
>
> Does it provide more than commit statistics and LOC?
I would guess that the above text is based on commit statistics and LOC.
And we have done a lot of refactoring the last year which create large
amounts of commited lines.

What I found alittle bit more interesting is:

Factoid: "Very large, active development team"

Over the past twelve months, 31 developers
<http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4271/contributors> contributed new code
to Cocoon (Apache) <http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4271>.

This is one of the largest open-source teams in the world, and is in the
top 2% of all project teams on Ohloh.

For this measurement, Ohloh considered only recent changes to the code.
Over the entire history of the project, 62 developers have contributed.

<<

Which is better than I would have guessed.

/Daniel