cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject GSoC
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:56:12 GMT
Hello,

I would like to ask you about my possible participation in GSoC and having Cocoon as a project
of choice, of course. Do
you think it's good idea in general?

I also wonder why only Reinhard offered mentoring this year. Are others so busy or missed
the chance to add themselves?

Now to discuss some details of my possible work. I'm going to discuss/question shortly almost
all the options.

* Rework our samples in trunk so that they use the servlet-service framework
As you probably guess this one is my favorite. Given that I have some knowledge about servlet-service-fw
I wonder if
it's not too simple task for 2 months period? Maybe you could soak little bit more from me?
 ;-)

* Attribute-based templates (extend cocoon-template for this purpose)
I recall some discussions on this topic but cannot now find exact archives. Could someone
provide little introduction in
this topic? Why it's needed? What features it's going to have that our Template block does
not have?

* Documentation of our blocks (+ sitemap component documentation)
I think this one is important but cannot be project idea for GSoC:
http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60315&topic=10727

* use Dojo throughout in cForms
What does this mean exactly?

Given that you have some idea of my skills and Cocoon knowledge I would like to ask if you
possibly have some other
ideas that I could bring into the code?

Looking forward your answers and comments.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski