cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reloading the mountableServlets map in DispatcherServlet
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:38:31 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>> Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
>>> I'm not up-to-date with RCL stuff so I'm going to ask little ignorant
>>> question. What exactly have you fixed and how it makes development
>>> easier?
>> You can develop your C22 application (incl. Java sources!) without any
>> restarts. The problem till yesterday was that the reload of the Spring
>> application context didn't work. Although the classes where reloaded
>> in the classloader correctly, Spring used the initial application
>> context which was created at the servlet container startup.
>>
>>> I'm curious especially about reloading classes without running
>>> Cocoon inside the IDE, does it work now?
>> yes, it works now. The normal "hot code replace" of your IDE is only
>> able to change code of already existing methods. In contraxt, the
>> commons-jci reloading classloader that I use allows every possible
>> change: deleting classes/methods, removing classes/methods, creating
>> new classes/methdos.
>>

> Gosh, I have bad news :(
> It does not work for me, when I change something in the class I see this
> printed on console:
> 2007-03-14 13:34:32.657:/:INFO:  Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext
> 2007-03-14 13:34:32.658:/:INFO:  Loading Spring root WebApplicationContext
> 2007-03-14 13:34:33.043:/:INFO:  Apache Cocoon Spring Configurator
> v1.0.0 is running in mode 'dev'.
>
> But changes are not visible after refreshing the page. Am I missing something?
>
> PS. I did svn up both for cocoon-rcl and commons-jci.

Have you update cocoon-servlet-service-* too and run cocoon-rcl:webapp form your
block's base directory?
If yes or if it reloading still doesn't work for you, please activate logging in
log4j.xml by uncommenting the two existing logging categories (jci, rcl) and
setting them to DEBUG.
Then (re)start Jetty and call http://localhost:8888, change MyGenerator.java,
wait 3 seconds, do a page reload again and send the log file to me directly.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Der frhe Vogel fngt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail: http://mail.yahoo.de