cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reloading the mountableServlets map in DispatcherServlet
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:32:05 GMT
Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
>> I'm not up-to-date with RCL stuff so I'm going to ask little ignorant
>> question. What exactly have you fixed and how it makes development
>> easier?
>
> You can develop your C22 application (incl. Java sources!) without any
> restarts. The problem till yesterday was that the reload of the Spring
> application context didn't work. Although the classes where reloaded
> in the classloader correctly, Spring used the initial application
> context which was created at the servlet container startup.
>
>> I'm curious especially about reloading classes without running
>> Cocoon inside the IDE, does it work now?
>
> yes, it works now. The normal "hot code replace" of your IDE is only
> able to change code of already existing methods. In contraxt, the
> commons-jci reloading classloader that I use allows every possible
> change: deleting classes/methods, removing classes/methods, creating
> new classes/methdos.

Gosh, I have bad news :(
It does not work for me, when I change something in the class I see this
printed on console:
2007-03-14 13:34:32.657:/:INFO:  Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext
2007-03-14 13:34:32.658:/:INFO:  Loading Spring root WebApplicationContext
2007-03-14 13:34:33.043:/:INFO:  Apache Cocoon Spring Configurator
v1.0.0 is running in mode 'dev'.

But changes are not visible after refreshing the page. Am I missing something?

PS. I did svn up both for cocoon-rcl and commons-jci.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski