cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r518067 - in /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/util: BlockCallHttpServletRequest.java BlockCallHttpServletResponse.java
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:56:27 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
>> Grek, are you using Java 1.4 for development? I suppose not ;-)
> I use 1.6 actually.
>> Maybe it's better to throw some more meaningful exception than a
>> RuntimeException but I haven't had time to look into this case.
> I do not understand. What's I'm doing wrong here?
> I apologize for any trouble caused by my changes.

The IllegalArgumentException doesn't have a constructure that you can pass a
Throwable:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/IllegalArgumentException.html#IllegalArgumentException(java.lang.String)

I guess it was added in Java 5 or 6. The best option to detect these kind of
problems is using JDK 1.4 in your IDE.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc