cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Inactive Cocoon committers and PMC members
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:39:14 GMT

Cocoon is an open source project that has been existing for about 9! years. Many
people helped us to grow and to develop and some of them became committers.
According to our rules, every committer can join the Cocoon PMC.[1]

do with those committers and PMC members who have become inactive in the
meantime (yes, 9 years is a looong time).
I want to move this discussion to the public Cocoon mailing lists for two
reasons: Firstly, there is no need to discuss such things in private and
secondly, I would like to know what those who are not committers expect from us.

Let's start the discussion with the question:
"Do people think it's useful to have an up-to-date list of committers/PMC
members that contains information about who is active?

I want to share two thoughts:

  - the probably best source of information to find out whether a project and its
    committers are (in)active is looking at the mailing lists and the
    changes docs. What's the additional value of having a list containing
    the current activity state?

  - mainting a committers list containing the current activity state causes
    some bureaucracy for us. The less work we have the better.

So what do you think? (I will interpret "no answers" as "nobody cares" which is
also an important information for us)

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles

--
Reinhard Pötz