cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Maven dependency resolution (Re: svn commit: r517439 - /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl/pom.xml)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:42:49 GMT

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Although this feature is helpful while updating dependencies (you have to do it in
one place), I hardly see how this
>> relates to the situation I've described. In my case, problem was caused not by dependency
to the wrong (old) version but
>> by the lack of any dependency at all! dependencyManagement section will not help
us in this scenario, doesn't it?

Well, yes. If you never declare a dependency when there really is one
then you will have problems. I would presume they would be very
noticeable in most cases as they would result in ClassNotFoundExceptions
to occur in most cases.

I was really commenting on the larger section of your email where you
were talking about how maven handles dependency management.

Ralph