cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Maven dependency resolution (Re: svn commit: r517439 - /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl/pom.xml)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:18:36 GMT
Ralph Goers napisaƂ(a):
> We should consider leveraging the new feature that I finally got
> committed into Maven - real dependency management.  With the change any
> version you specify in a dependencyManagement section will override
> versions specified in transitive dependencies as well as being the
> version used when no version is specified in a pom.  What I would
> suggest trying is having a "master" pom that everything extends. The
> master should specify all the versions to be used across all the blocks,
> unless a block has a real need to use a different version.  This will be
> available in 2.0.6.

Although this feature is helpful while updating dependencies (you have to do it in one place),
I hardly see how this
relates to the situation I've described. In my case, problem was caused not by dependency
to the wrong (old) version but
by the lack of any dependency at all! dependencyManagement section will not help us in this
scenario, doesn't it?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski