cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Apples enhancements
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:08:14 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>>
>>>  - Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().loadClass(appleName);
>>>  - sitemapManager.lookup(beanName);
>>
>> And why would you like to mix those? Either you want managed apples or
>> you don't. If some do not need to be managed the only thing you need
>> to do is:
>>
>> <bean id="appleName" class="o.a.c.apples.AppleName" scope="prototype"/>
>>
>> and you have the same functionality but more consistent.
>
> right and as your solution was in place first, I will remove the support
> for #[bean-name] apples (btw, sooner or later we should deprecate the
> "call function" as it doesn't fit for a generic controller concept at all)

Do not get me wrong. You are way more experienced so I don't feel like
enforcing my solution (which is btw a 5 liner). Still some discussion
won't hurt :)

>> There is one more thing that I dislike about current apples + spring
>> integration: you can mix ApplesController vs.
>> StatelessApplesController (which triggers different continuations
>> handling) and prototype scope vs. singleton scope.
>>
>> The most dangerous situation is marking a bean singleton and not
>> implementing StatelessAppleController. This way a continuation will be
>> created with a singleton apple which other threads also will use.
>>
>> Simply put: ApplesProcessor.callFunction should not depend on marker
>> interfaces if used with managed apples.
>
> What do you want to say? Shall we disallow singleton scoped beans that
> do not implement StatelessAppleController?

Exactly. There is no point in such construct (at least I don't see it)
and it may be a very dangerous mistake to be made.

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.