cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@otego.com>
Subject Re: Configuration of RunnableManager
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 07:10:34 GMT

Hi Felix

Felix Knecht wrote:
> I wonder how to create/add my own configuration for the
> RunnableManager. At the moment, the given configuration is included in
> the deployed jar file (having configured 2 pools (default,daemon)).
> Changing this configuration seems not that easy as I need to 'patch'
> the existing configuration in the deployed jar file.
>
> Making configuration easier I'd prefer the the 'New Features for the
> spring configurator' and introduce a new bean just containing the
> configuration data for a pool which implementing a specific (helper)
> interface. Thus everybody can add his own threadpool configuration.
> The RunnableManager then will create thread pools for all found beans
> implementing this (helper) interface.

I'd suggest instead of only breaking out the configuration of a thread pool, break out the
hole
thread pool itself into a bean. This would reduce the complexity of the RunnableManager and
would
make the ThreadPool beans have a little more responsability than just holding config values.

WDYT?

Ciao

>         <configurator:bean-map
> type="org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.ThreadPoolConfig" />
>     </property>
> </bean>
>

> <bean
> id="org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.ThreadPoolConfig/default"
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.ThreadPoolConfigImpl">
>        <property name="name" value="default"/>
>        <property name="priority" value="NORM"/>
>        <property name="daemon" value="false"/>
>        <property name="queue-size" value="-1"/>
>        <property name="max-pool-size" value="5"/>
>        <property name="min-pool-size" value="5"/>
>        <property name="keep-alive-time-ms" value="60000"/>
>        <property name="block-policy" value="ABORT"/>
>        <property name="shutdown-graceful" value="false"/>
>        <property name="shutdown-wait-time-ms" value="-1"/>
> </bean>
>
> <bean id="org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.ThreadPoolConfig/daemon"
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.ThreadPoolConfigImpl">
>     <snip />
> </bean>
>

> <bean id="org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.ThreadPoolConfig/MyPool"
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.ThreadPoolConfigImpl">
>     <snip />
> </bean>
>

> I will write a patch if I'm not the only one having this problem and I
> get a positive feedback on this.
>
> Regards
> Felix

- --
Otego AG                                  Tel:   +41 (0)1  240 00 55
Giacomo Pati, CTO                         Mobile:+41 (0)79 262 21 04
Apache Software Foundation Member         Mailto:giacomo@apache.org
Hohlstrasse 216                           Mailto:Giacomo.Pati@otego.com
CH-8004 Zuerich                           http://www.otego.com