cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote result] Grzegorz Kossakowski as a new Cocoon committer
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:32:29 GMT
Peter Hunsberger napisaƂ(a):
> Now, keep this up and I might just have to withdraw my vote: my Alma
> Mata is the University of Waterloo,  one of the few places in the
> world where you can get a Bachelor of Math; they regularly win a lot
> of comp sci. contests as well and I'd consider them one of the best in
> mathematics! :-p
I knew it's going to arouse controversy... ;)

> I ended up doing mostly theoretical algebra (ring / field theory,
> etc.) since in my day things like asymmetric encryption were just
> starting to take off.  Lots of fun, and I still get to use some of it
> in my work.  Nice to have another mathematician on board, welcome
> again.

Personally, I think that mathematician skills are used always even if
you do not cast mysterious symbols on the paper or proof theorems. It
more about way of thinking.

Thanks for calling me a mathematician, but I'm just student. It's a long
way for me before I can call mathematician myself...

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski