cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reloading Classloader Plugin
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 13:33:54 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>
>>> 5. Finally, fifth step. Should clean and package goals be omitted
>>> while calling jetty:run goal?
>>
>> don't call clean. It would remove the RCL web application again.
>> Calling package would be useless.
>>
>> mvn jetty:run is enough.
>>

>>> I tried to guess the answers but did not managed to make it working.
>>
>> I'm going to update the document in Daisy.
>>

> Thanks. I've managed to test it.
> Maybe it's only me, but it was not obvious what rcl plugin does and why
> this has nothing to do with our webapp archetype. I think it would
> really helpful stating that rcl plug-in creates special webapp for the
> block you want to work with and that's why you do not need webapp
> created by archetype while developing, anymore.
> I also wonder why adding rcl plugin and jetty plugin to the block's pom
> is broken into two separate steps, and more importantly why we just do
> not ask user to uncomment already provided configuration? ;)
> I do not want to look it like carping, I just want to simplify the
> process as much as possible.

hey, that's what I was asking for ;-)

> Everything (reloading of flowscript, updating templates etc) seems to
> work fine except reloading classes. I've started jetty from eclipse as
> suggested and classes started to reload. However, when I change
> visibility of class's field (e.g. from public to private) Eclipse gives
> me following error:
> "Hot code replace failed - Scheme change not implemented"
> Is it known limitation? If so, should be mentioned in the docs.

that's a limitation of the *Eclipse Jetty* plugin AFAICT. IIRC, if you ignore
it, everything still works.

I hope that with Torsten's help I can find out why one has to run the app in
debug mode from within Eclipse.

> When we are at public vs private. I think message field in MyBean.java
> should be private because now getter is not used while reading from
> flowscript.

Can be your firest commit ;-)

> I've done all the testing on Windows XP with Java 1.6.0 and Eclipse 3.2.1.
>
> Thanks for all the good work. I'm going to use your plug-in in all
> Cocoon developing activities so will give it more serious testing.

Thanks for testing! Further feedback is much appreciated.

BTW, where did you get the commons-jci dependency from? Did you build it from SVN?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc