cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: Reloading Classloader Plugin
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 13:14:19 GMT
Reinhard Poetz napisaƂ(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> 5. Finally, fifth step. Should clean and package goals be omitted
>> while calling jetty:run goal?
> don't call clean. It would remove the RCL web application again.
> Calling package would be useless.
> mvn jetty:run is enough.
>> I tried to guess the answers but did not managed to make it working.
> I'm going to update the document in Daisy.

Thanks. I've managed to test it.
Maybe it's only me, but it was not obvious what rcl plugin does and why
this has nothing to do with our webapp archetype. I think it would
really helpful stating that rcl plug-in creates special webapp for the
block you want to work with and that's why you do not need webapp
created by archetype while developing, anymore.
I also wonder why adding rcl plugin and jetty plugin to the block's pom
is broken into two separate steps, and more importantly why we just do
not ask user to uncomment already provided configuration? ;)
I do not want to look it like carping, I just want to simplify the
process as much as possible.

Everything (reloading of flowscript, updating templates etc) seems to
work fine except reloading classes. I've started jetty from eclipse as
suggested and classes started to reload. However, when I change
visibility of class's field (e.g. from public to private) Eclipse gives
me following error:
"Hot code replace failed - Scheme change not implemented"
Is it known limitation? If so, should be mentioned in the docs.

When we are at public vs private. I think message field in
should be private because now getter is not used while reading from

I've done all the testing on Windows XP with Java 1.6.0 and Eclipse 3.2.1.

Thanks for all the good work. I'm going to use your plug-in in all
Cocoon developing activities so will give it more serious testing.

Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message