cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: [graphics] Artwork for cocoon.apache.org - final4
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 18:28:52 GMT
I think the suggestions that have been made to date have all resulted in
a page that looks better, and good on you all for contributing them. But
at this stage, it feels like you are arguing over the color of the
bikeshed[1].

After all these rounds of feedback and integration, wouldn't it be
better to just go with what you have? You'll never be able to please
everyone, so trying for complete consensus is doomed to failure. If
people decide the design needs tweaking later, then that can be done.
But it seems to me that getting it out there as soon as possible
(subject to Thien's availability) is more important than getting it
perfect on the first try.

Just thought I'd offer an outside perspective.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_of_the_bikeshed