cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ReloadingClassLoader
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:23:37 GMT

On 22.03.2007, at 11:03, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>> sorry, I'm a confused. What do you mean by "this" and "that"
>>> store. The current implementation is
>>>
>>> org.apache.commons.jci.listeners.ReloadingListener rl =
>>>     new CocoonReloadingListener();
>>> rl.addReloadNotificationListener(classloader);
>>> fam.addListener(directory, rl);
>>>
>>> and if I look into CocoonReloadingListener() which extends
>>> org.apache.commons.jci.listeners.ReloadingListener I find that it
>>> creates stores of type MemoryResourceStore.
>>>
>>> Am I right that, in order to support instrumentation for
>>> Javaflow, I have to override the default behaviour and create
>>> stores of type JavaflowResourceStore instead?
>> Correct! ...or we always use a javaflow store and work that out
>> via configuration.
>
> I think that I understand the scope of the problem now.
>
> For now I will concentrate on the release of cocoon-rcl-plugin
> without Javaflow support. It can be added at any time later. I
> won't have much available time over the next weeks (and no use case
> that would justify to change my priorities) but if somebody else
> wants to integrate it into cocoon-rcl, I'm available for dicussing
> it on this list.

The only question is where and how to configure what is meant to be
instrumented.
...well and how people envision this to happen for non-dev mode.

The original implementation just defined the store class to use per
directory that is getting monitored. See

http://cocoongt.hippo12.castaserver.com/cocoongt/torsten-curdt-rapid-
app-development.pdf

cheers
--