cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reloading Classloader Plugin
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 21:44:02 GMT

On 02.03.2007, at 21:31, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>>> We only have to ensure that the samples blocks (e.g. cocoon-forms-
>>> samples) works with the reloading classloader plugin so that
>>> cforms developers can easily continue their work.
>> ??
>
> Using the reloading-classloader-plugin you can run a block as the
> plugin creates a default Cocoon webapp and deploys the block into
> it. And, as the blocks name conveys, it takes care that you can
> work on Cocoon resources and Java sources while they get reloaded
> transparently. (http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-rcl-
> plugin/g1/1295.html)
>
> I would also be interested in some feedback as I want to release it
> as soon as Torsten has finished a Commons JCI release.

Some news from this side: all the last API changes are in. So it
would be well worth also getting the Cocoon part adjusted.
so I can slip in last changes if required. The 1.0 release should
feature support for eclipse, janino and groovy.

Just recently I've added support for javac and javascript
compilation. Both are still very new and probably need some more
testing though.
More compilers plugins in the works - but no promises yet :)

cheers
--
Torsten