cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <lundquist.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File Upload/Download
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:49:58 GMT

On Mar 6, 2007, at 9:37 AM, wc184 wrote:

> Hi,   I'm trying to implement a file upload/download feature in my
> application using Cocoon. I've tried searching for revelant
> information on
> this but I can't seem to find anything decent. Any pointers would be
> appreciated.
>
> WC

Hi WC,

Yeah, this is more of a question for users@cocoon.apache.org, rather
than the devs list.  Anyway, have you looked at the file upload example
in the Forms block sample from the Cocoon distribution?

For downloading, often you just want to set the mime type and/or
content disposition headers in the HTTP response, as a hint to the
browser to download the file (or present a download vs. open dialog)
instead of displaying the file inline.  If you have any trouble
figuring that out, please post on the users' list and somebody will
help you out :-)

cheers,
—ml—