cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reloading Classloader Plugin
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:42:23 GMT

On 08.03.2007, at 07:48, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Yesterday I did a svn up on commons-jci and get errors of type
>> ClassDefNotFoundError. After reloading it again, the error
>> disappears. After testing commons-jci built on Sunday afternoon,
>> everything works as expected.
>
> Once again ;-)
>
> Yesterday I did a svn up on commons-jci and now I get errors of
> type ClassDefNotFoundError when the reloading classloader is used (-
> > doing a page refresh) right after a change. After a second page
> refresh, the error is gone.

Uh! That is weird! ClassDefNotFoundError of what? Can you give me log
output for that (having "org.apache.commons.jci" on DEBUG)?

I just did a

  svn diff -r {2007-03-03}:HEAD https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
jakarta/commons/sandbox/jci/trunk

and really the only bigger change is properly closing InputStreams
and handling paths correctly. Windows was complaining.

> After reverting to commons-jci which was built on Sunday afternoon,
> everything works as expected (except that I still need to run it in
> debug mode which causes problems because the hot code replace
> mechanism of Eclipse interfers.)

Yeah ...we need to look into that debug problem.

> Any clue?
>
>> Maybe I'm doing something wrong in http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
>> cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper/src/main/
>> java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/ReloadingClassloaderManager.java?

That code looks fine to me.

cheers
--
Torsten