cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Improving ServletConnection to make it cache-aware
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:46:18 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> While implementing this some questions arisen:
> 1. What about error handling? Should we provide some mechanism for
> passing exception from one servlet to the another? Or maybe just a error
> code and string message is sufficient?

Since it is one stacktrace if you call an internal servlet backed up by a
SitemapServlet, you can simply pass on the ProcessingException and not
serializing an error page into the stream between both servlets. In the old
blocks-fw-impl there is a patch that does exactly that, it re-throws the
exception: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1954

BTW: The following problems have been issues with the blocks-fw I have
encountered during real-world usage, especially when using cforms in the
"backend"-servlet. We should check those in the new implementation.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1964

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1939

Alex

--