cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing Cocoon 2.2 M3, Cocoon Configuration & others
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:35:11 GMT
Reinhard Poetz napisaƂ(a):

> These artifacts are available at
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/ for your tests:
> </snip>
>
> If you wonder how you can test at all, here are some possibilities:
>
> - If you already have a project based on Cocoon 2.2 artifacts, update
> your dependencies by using the latest milestone releases.
>
> a) If you use Maven, you only have to add the cocoon staging repository
> to your pom.xml:
> <repository>
> <id>cocoon.staging</id>
> <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>
> <url>http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon</url>
> </repository>
> and update the version elements of your dependencies.
I would propose to not add any temporary repositories onto poms but you
external settings file instead. (see below for details)
> </snip>
>
> - If you want to bootstrap a Cocoon project and/or want to test the
> archetypes, there is no straight way to test it using the files from
> the staging repository. The problem is that Maven only looks into
> your local repository or the central repository and you have no
> way of adding an alternative repository for archetypes.
>
> The closest thing I can offer is using the archetypes from trunk.
> So far they are almost unchanged compared to the released ones (except
> the
> dependency on the snapshot version of the parent and incrementing the
> version
> number) and we should find problems with them.
What about checking out archetypes:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-22-archetype-block/cocoon-22-archetype-block-1.0.0-M5
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-22-archetype-webapp/cocoon-22-archetype-webapp-1.0.0-M2
and building them this way:
mvn install -s testing-cocoon-settings.xml

I've created this file and attached to the message I'm writing. Of
course it demands some extra strokes while building Cocoon for testing
but as soon as artifacts are released to the central you can omit -s
parameter and be sure that your build still works and you have clean
poms (no temporary repositories). Also you really test archetypes tagged
for release, as you pointed out there is no much difference here but
it's more elegant IMO.

Thanks for your work! I'll give it some time now.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski