cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Features for the spring configurator
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:23:33 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>> Yes, this is one solution :) Making an own module for both, Xalan and
>>> Saxon, has the advantage that this module would depend on Xalan or Saxon
>>> and then you get these libraries automatically in your project as well.
>>>
>>> If it's just a configuration issue, like setting a specific value for a
>>> bean, then we could just provide a property reference. Which means, if
>>> switching from Xalan to Saxon is just changing the name of the factory,
>>> we could just make the factory configurable through a well-defined property.
>> This would work if we hadn't the "xalan" transformer, wouldn't it?
>>
> Hmm, yes and no :) Our xslt transformer implementation uses an xslt
> processor. So we can define a "static" xalan xslt processor together
> with a "static" xalan xslt transformer.

And this works because when the processor bean is created by Spring there is no
need to have Xalan on the classpath. Right?

> And we can define a "dynamic" xslt processor (configured through
> properties) with an xslt transformer always using this "dynamic" xslt
> processor.

If it was a Spring bean we could even use the PropertyOverrideConfigurer instead
of introducing a new property.

Would it be difficult to convert the TraxProcessor into a Spring bean? As it
hasn't been done yet I guess that there is this or that difficulty involved,
isn't it.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc