cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Features for the spring configurator
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:12:19 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> I wanted to write a mail about this today, funny. My usecase is that I want to

>>> replace Xalan by Saxon.
>>>
>>> Am I right that creating a cocoon-xalan module would be the best solution for

>>> this because it would make it possible to exclude it at POM level.
>>>
>> Yes, this is one solution :) Making an own module for both, Xalan and
>> Saxon, has the advantage that this module would depend on Xalan or Saxon
>> and then you get these libraries automatically in your project as well.
>>
>> If it's just a configuration issue, like setting a specific value for a
>> bean, then we could just provide a property reference. Which means, if
>> switching from Xalan to Saxon is just changing the name of the factory,
>> we could just make the factory configurable through a well-defined property.
>
> This would work if we hadn't the "xalan" transformer, wouldn't it?

Hmm, yes and no :) Our xslt transformer implementation uses an xslt
processor. So we can define a "static" xalan xslt processor together
with a "static" xalan xslt transformer.
And we can define a "dynamic" xslt processor (configured through
properties) with an xslt transformer always using this "dynamic" xslt
processor.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler