cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Features for the spring configurator
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:17:10 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I wanted to write a mail about this today, funny. My usecase is that I want to
> replace Xalan by Saxon.
>
> Am I right that creating a cocoon-xalan module would be the best solution for
> this because it would make it possible to exclude it at POM level.

Yes, this is one solution :) Making an own module for both, Xalan and
Saxon, has the advantage that this module would depend on Xalan or Saxon
and then you get these libraries automatically in your project as well.

If it's just a configuration issue, like setting a specific value for a
bean, then we could just provide a property reference. Which means, if
switching from Xalan to Saxon is just changing the name of the factory,
we could just make the factory configurable through a well-defined property.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/