cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: New Features for the spring configurator
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:16:13 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the last days while converting the portal block from spring to avalon
> I added two features to our spring configurator:
>
> 1. It's now possible to define default values for properties directly in
> the property reference, so you can write a reference to the property
> "myproperty" like this: ${myproperty:DEFAULT_VALUE}. If no definition
> for the property is found, the default value is used. Of course, it's
> possible to use ${myproperty} as well.
>
> 2. A new map implementation that collects all defined spring beans
> implementing a specified type, so you configure a managing component
> like this:
>
> <bean id="mycomponent" class="myclass">
>   <property name="widgets">
>     <configurator:bean-map type="o.a.c.Widget"/>
>   </property>
> </bean>
>
> The bean-map element collects all beans for the specified type
> (o.a.c.Widget) in this case and creates a Map with the id's of the beans
> as keys and the beans itself as the value.
> In addition if the bean name starts with the type, like
> "o.a.c.Widget/button", the bean will be put under the key "button" into
> the Map. (This behaviour can be controlled via an additional attribute).

I have been trying to use configurator outside cocoon for my other
spring based projects. Thing is the configurator automatically imports
property files and contexts in META-INF/cocoon/spring. What should I do
to have limit it's functionality to properties?

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.