cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [graphics] Artwork for cocoon.apache.org - new version
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:08:47 GMT
you forgot to add the link, but it wasn't too hard to guess ;-)

http://people.apache.org/~hepabolu/final3.html

hepabolu wrote:
> Guys,
>
> after some discussion back and forth with Thien we've decided on the
> next version:
>
> - the masthead is adjusted to improve the display of the search box and
> the apache feather when resizing.
> - the green blocks are better at the center than on the side.
> - we've added a prominent download block with the latest Cocoon version.
> - the page curl is gone. ;-)
> - the navbar below the masthead now has a "home" icon that would go to
> the home page of the PMC site, while the "Cocoon Core 2.2" would go to
> the home page of the current block.
> - we've added older versions at the bottom of the menu
> - a flag is added for the French version (now that I think of it, that
> would only be applicable for the PMC site)
> - the color of the note at the bottom is changed
>
> Note that when resizing to 800x600 the "News" section will creep up in
> the space between the blocks and the "About" box on the right. It might
> not be elegant, but it's better than the alternative of variable width
> blocks.

I don't think that 800x600 is something that we really have to care about.
Anyway, doesn't a break before the news solve it?

> We've discussed the possibility of changing the design of the Cocoon 2.1
> website to this new design and most of you decided against it. Fine by
> me, but I think the PMC site should be definitely changed to this new
> design.
>
> All in all I think this design looks very good.

yes it does!!!

> If you agree, I would like to go on and ask Thien for further restyling
> of elements we're currently missing such as tables, code snippets,
> images + captions and warnings. Please add other elements if I forgot some.

thanks again to both of you!

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc