cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: Improving ServletConnection to make it cache-aware
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2007 23:37:19 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek napisaƂ(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>> While implementing this some questions arisen:
>> 1. What about error handling? Should we provide some mechanism for
>> passing exception from one servlet to the another? Or maybe just a
>> error code and string message is sufficient?
> Since it is one stacktrace if you call an internal servlet backed up
> by a SitemapServlet, you can simply pass on the ProcessingException
> and not serializing an error page into the stream between both
> servlets. In the old blocks-fw-impl there is a patch that does exactly
> that, it re-throws the exception:
It works fine for me. Thanks for the pointer.
> BTW: The following problems have been issues with the blocks-fw I have
> encountered during real-world usage, especially when using cforms in
> the "backend"-servlet. We should check those in the new implementation.
My current priority is implementing postable sources and polishing
patches that I've already provided. This could be added on the third
position of my TODO list but I do not behave impolitely sweeping up all
interesting work related to servlet services.
Do you have any plans associated with these issues in foreseeable future?

Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message