cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving ServletConnection to make it cache-aware
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2007 23:37:19 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek napisaƂ(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>> While implementing this some questions arisen:
>> 1. What about error handling? Should we provide some mechanism for
>> passing exception from one servlet to the another? Or maybe just a
>> error code and string message is sufficient?
>
> Since it is one stacktrace if you call an internal servlet backed up
> by a SitemapServlet, you can simply pass on the ProcessingException
> and not serializing an error page into the stream between both
> servlets. In the old blocks-fw-impl there is a patch that does exactly
> that, it re-throws the exception:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1954
It works fine for me. Thanks for the pointer.
> BTW: The following problems have been issues with the blocks-fw I have
> encountered during real-world usage, especially when using cforms in
> the "backend"-servlet. We should check those in the new implementation.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1964
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1939
My current priority is implementing postable sources and polishing
patches that I've already provided. This could be added on the third
position of my TODO list but I do not behave impolitely sweeping up all
interesting work related to servlet services.
Do you have any plans associated with these issues in foreseeable future?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski