cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: [graphics] Which site to redesign?
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:22:03 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> hepabolu wrote:
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>> I'm currently working with Thien on a new version of the masthead.
>>> I'm sure you've noticed that it has gone beyond that. ;-)
>>>
>>> I'd like your opinion on the following: should the new design be used
>>> only for Cocoon 2.2 and beyond or also tweaked a bit and used for 2.1?
>>
>> IMO it would be more important to work on the 2.2 docs than working on
>> the 2.1 docs *design*.
>>
>>> I more or less assumed the latter, also because I think it should be
>>> used by the "PMC site" (using Reinhard's words), but reading the
>>> "site structure" thread I started wondering.
>>
>> the copyright for "PMC site" goes to Vadim ;-)
>>
>> Anyway, I would use the new design for the PMC site, 2.2 and the
>> subprojects.
>
> +1
>
>> Having different layouts for 1.x, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 is a good thing IMO
>> as it shows that the project is evolving.
>
> +1

I also agree with Reinhard. I think it's good to see that the project is
evolving. There might be a downside to this, which is that website
visitors might get confused with the different types of navigation
through the Cocoon website.

Btw did somebody else also notice that the CSS behaves different in IE6
and FireFox 2.0? In IE the menu runs through the image left to "What is
Apache Cocoon" and the green blocks on the right align differently.

Jeroen Reijn